Our client believes in caring for local communities and families with dignity and compassion. Each year, they assist thousands of families, of all cultures and faiths, during difficult periods in their lives following the core values of compassion, respect, sustainability and integrity.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will lead the safety team to provide expert WHS support to all levels of the business, across multiple sites throughout Victoria. With demonstrated leadership qualities and a dynamic, practical approach to safety, you will be a visible, motivated, "hand on" self starter who can engage and educate others and raise awareness of safety policies, procedures and drive initiatives. You will also have the the interpersonal skills to effectively interact and engage Senior Management.
In this hands on safety role, you will:
- Manage organisational risks by developing, implementing and maintaining robust WHS management systems and processes.
- Lead, motivate and develop direct reports to ensure organisational initiatives are delivered and development opportunities are identified.
- Liaise with management and key business stakeholders to continuously improve process and safety practices and maintain high standards across regions
- Facilitate change with an innovative approach to addressing problems and opportunities
- Oversee internal audits and risk assessment activities
- Pro-active approach to reduce workplace incidents and injuries
- Continuously strive to improve working conditions, safety, productivity and comfort for all employees
To be successful in this position you will have a background in WHS, facilities management or government and bring a strong track record in driving WHS performance and improvement. With experience in managing diverse teams, you will coach, listen, mentor and lead others and encourage and support them to grow and develop. With formal qualifications in WHS, you possess a high level of technical knowledge and credibility.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to make an impact with a growing organisation.
Please submit your application online or call 03 8677 5517 to have a confidential conversation.