Located in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, this is your opportunity to join a national not for profit organisation for a 6 month contract. Reporting to the Safety, Health & Wellbeing Manager you will be responsible for driving safety across the business to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of all employees and visitors and look for sustainable initiatives that enhance the business.
You will be required to provide generalist OHS advice and assist management, supervisors and employees across Victoria, NSW & W.A, in achieving organisational OHS objectives under the relevant legislation and in line with company values. You will be responsible for developing and facilitating internal/ external audits, all risk management operations and site based tasks. Your job will also include executing OHS initiatives and dealing with key stakeholders.
To be successful in this position you will have;
- Strong practical OHS experience working in retail or logistics
- Formal qualification in OHS and Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Significant experience and success in managing organisational risks by maintaining robust OHS management systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate work groups to ensure organisational OHS initiatives are delivered and development opportunities identified.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with management and key stakeholders including regulatory authorities and industry networks.
- Ability to facilitate change with an approach to addressing problems and opportunities
- Develop practical solutions to problems and overcome any resistance in a timely manner
- A genuine and polished communication style, with exceptional research and writing skills
If you're looking at taking the next step in your career, this role offers an excellent opportunity to make an impact with an established organisation.
There is travel to Vic, NSW & W.A associated with this role and a valid Australian drivers license is required.