Our client is a local government organisation with 900+ employees and uniquely diverse operational scope. In joining the organisation you will have the opportunity to lead a team of driven Safety, Health, Risk and Workers Compensation professionals while supporting the implementation of an organisation wide continuous improvement program focused on these functional areas.
Reporting to the Manager People & Procurement Services, key responsibilities for this pivotal leadership position include:
- Providing strong overarching strategy in order to lead a team of specialist consultants and resources
- Assist the business in transitioning to WorkCover Self Insurance with the National Audit Tool.
- Developing and achieving a best practice safety culture across the organisation including the review and management of a Risk Management program and Emergency Management framework
- Providing for the overall strategic direction, development, guidance and management of OH&S, Risk Management, WorkCover, Insurances and Wellbeing programs across the organisation
- Providing expert professional advice and high level reporting to the Executive, management and staff across the organisation
To be successful in this position you should bring:
- Previous people leadership experience and a multi-site operation essential
- Strong experience in OH&S management (National Audit Tool, Self Insurance and/or AS4801 exposure highly regarded)
- Experience in overseeing Workers Compensation and Risk Management functions
- Consultative approach to implementing organisational change strategies
- Strong technical knowledge of legislative frameworks and risk management concepts
- Tertiary qualifications in OH&S/Risk Management/Insurance or relevant discipline and substantial experience gained from management of a similar function in a large organisation. Alternatively, undergraduate qualifications combined with successful extensive experience will also be considered
On offer is the opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team in a large, complex organisation faced with a diverse range of challenges from a risk management, emergency management and OHS perspective. A clear mandate and strategic direction has recently been set for the unit to implement across the organisation and you will have a genuine opportunity to drive continuous improvement strategies and reinforce a positive safety culture across the business. For a confidential conversation please call Ebonie Martello - 0386775517