The Assistant Director, Health & Safety is responsible for the strategic programs of Specialist Health and Safety Services.
The role encompasses two specialist steams, one focusing on planning, hazard and emergency specific injury prevention, and the other on Injury Management, Return to Work and workers compensation claims.
No. of direct reports: 3
No. of indirect reports: 6 to 10
About the candidate -
A relevant postgraduate qualification with relevant experience or an
equivalent combination of extensive relevant experience and/or education/training.
Knowledge and skills:
1. Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver high impact specialist service, including workers compensation, injury management health and safety services.
3. Demonstrated high level consultation, influencing and negotiation skills with stakeholders at different levels.
4. Extensive experience in managing a team of subject matter experts and leading manage business process improvement.
5. High level conceptual, analytical, problem solving and lateral thinking skills with the ability to use and/or integrate specific bodies of knowledge to develop innovative solutions.
6. Demonstrated high level understanding and experience implementing effective service metrics, monitoring and management reporting system and processes.
7. Proven ability to lead team to ensure that the best possible outcomes are identified and implemented in an environment with competing demands.
8. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to work with business and specialists at all levels.
To express an interest in this role, please contact Bryan King on 8677 5517