This national manufacturing chain was established over 85 years ago and continues to grow at a rapid rate with facilities throughout Australia. Reporting to the Site Technical Manager they are seeking an experienced Safety & Compliance officer to join their close knit team.
You will be required to provide specialist safety advice and hands on support to all facets of the business and assist management, supervisors and employees in achieving organisational safety objectives under the relevant legislation and company values.
You will be responsible for implementing safety management plans, policies and procedures, developing and facilitating internal/ external audits, all risk management operations and site based tasks.
Your job will include collaborating with various sites to execute safety initiatives whilst also dealing with key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Practical experience working in the manufacturing industry in Australia
- Australian tertiary qualifications in safety (preferred)
- Significant experience and success in managing organisational risks by implementing and maintaining robust safety management systems and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate work groups to ensure organisational safety initiatives are delivered and development opportunities identified.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with management and key stakeholders including regulatory authorities and industry networks.
- Ability to facilitate change with an approach to addressing problems and opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of federal and state legislation within Australia
On offer is $80,000 + super as well as the opportunity to make your mark in a business willing to embrace a fresh approach. For further information please contact Safety People on 03 8677 5517 or supply your resume via details provided below.