About the Company
You will be working for a producer of building materials for domestic and export markets, with a national distribution network.
About the Role
Reporting to the Safety Manager, you are tasked with coordinating the review and updating of the companies WHSE management system. Engage with the operations and safety teams to provide Work Health Safety and Environment support across multiple sites, ensuring legislative compliance and governance are achieved for a safer workplace.
To be successful in this role:
- Actively review the design, simplification and implementation of the safety management system aligning it with company strategy
- Review, update and manage the risk profile documentation
- Work with other WHSE roles to ensure plans and programs are integrated with other functions and programs
- Collate site inspections, audits, hazard identification, near miss and incident investigation statistics and reports
- Manage the audit schedule
- Report on positive performance indicators
- Communicate to the business on health and safety
- 3-5 years of experience in heavy industry, manufacturing, or similar environment
- Knowledge of legislation for policy and procedure review
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certificate IV OHS as a minimum
- Risk management skills
- Passion for continual improvement
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more about the role, please apply today or contact Ken on 03 8677 5517.