About the Company
You will be working for a large retail provider with a Victorian focus. Multi-site responsibility.
About the Role
Reporting to the Health Safety and Wellness Manager, you are tasked with providing efficient and effective information and technical advice on safety, workers compensation, and injury management. Engage with the operations and area safety champions to provide Work Health Safety and Wellness support across multiple sites. (10 month Fulltime Contract - Maternity Relief)
To be successful in this role:
- Actively support the companies WHS strategy and objectives
- Support and assist with Return to Work and Injury Management
- Build trust and support operational teams to drive change
- Conduct site inspections, audits, hazard identification, near miss and incident investigation support
- Prepare for and manage the self-insurance audits
- Report on positive performance indicators
- Communicate to the business on health and safety matters occurring within the business unit
- 3-5 years of experience in the fast-paced retail environment
- Able to lead and engage with employees and operational support roles
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of Victorian OHS legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certificate IV OHS as a minimum
- Current drivers license and own vehicle (car allowance is built into the package)
If you are able to demonstrate an energetic passion for safety and you possess the required knowledge and qualification, please apply today.
For a confidential discussion please contact Ken McConnell on 03 8677 5517.