A global operations provider has a requirement for an HSEQ Advisor to join a successful team of Environment, Quality and Safety Advisors. The Victorian head office is based in the South Eastern Suburbs and has multi site responsibilities with day trip travel required weekly (no overnights).
Being a multi site role the responsibilities are wide and varied and provide excellent career progression and experiences that span logistics, manufacturing, workshops, sales and field operations. You will be responsible for:
Skills and Experience required
- Coordinate HSEQ programs as a key member of the Victorian team;
- Manage injury management and return to work programs including workers comp and health monitoring programs;
- Incident investigation of all incidents involving personal injury, vehicle incidents and near miss;
- Provide advice to managers and supervisors on HSEQ issues, attend OHS committee meetings and assist in developing solutions to HSEQ;
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the integrated management system (IMS) in accordance with ISO14001 and AS/NZ4801 accreditation;
- Audit, inspections and compliance assessments;
- Advise and provide support to sites regarding the implementation, monitoring and review of the HSEQ IMS and corrective action reporting system:
- Coordinate and conduct risk assessments at Victorian sites;
- Perform induction training for staff and contractors as required;
- Assist in coordinating internal and external staff training. Develop and train workers in safe systems of work and work practices;
- Assist to develop, coordinate and implement health and wellbeing programs;
- Compile and disseminate HSEQ statistical information for reports and stakeholders
- Participate in the development and implementation of EQ&S initiatives and HSEQ improvement plans;
- Provide support to the HSEQ Manager.
- Tertiary qualification in safety and/or environment and ability to apply that knowledge;
- Ability to manage and adapt to a range of activities in a busy and fast-changing operations;
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal.
- Diplomatic and personable to work with Field and Corporate cultures;
- Cert IV in training and Assessment.
- Previous interactions with entities such as WorkSafe and the E.P.A would be looked upon favourably
If you are interested in this position please apply now.